Your skin begins to age once you reach your mid twenties, and depending on the constitution of your skin as well as external factors, the signs of aging begin to show sooner or later. Some of the most common signs of aging include loss of elasticity, older looking skin, loss of moisture, fine lines and wrinkles. Mature skin is very different from young skin. Therefore, it needs its own treatments and skin care solutions. There are a number of solutions that help you to treat aging skin and also maintain its smoothness and elasticity. Using these treatments helps you to ensure that you can stay away from skin problems and conditions that generally occurs in mature skin.
The main changes to your skin
Aging leads to changes at each and every level of the structure of your skin. The sweat glands become less efficient and begin to produce lesser amounts of sweat. This makes your body take more time to cool off. The outermost layer of your skin, the epidermis, stops recovering from injuries at the pace that it used to. It also loses lipids, which makes your skin look drier. Finally, the inner layer of your skin, the dermis, reduces the rate of production of collagen and elastin. The reduced collagen makes you look older and also leads to fine lines and wrinkles. On the other hand, the reduced elastin makes your skin less plump.
Vine Vera reviews the most common skin care issues with mature skin
There are a number of issues that people with mature skin might have to deal with. Here are some of the most common conditions and ways to deal with them.
- Skin Cancer. Skin cancer is usually caused due to unprotected exposure to the harmful rays of the sun during the 20s – 40s. It is essential for you to ensure that you wear a broad spectrum sunscreen that offers SPF 30 protection regularly. People with mature skin should also go for a full body skin exam at least two times a year.
- Shingles. Shingles are usually caused by reactivation of the chicken pox and is usually accompanied by blistering and painful rash. People with mature skin can also end up experiencing chronic pain once the lesions and rashes are gone. Shingles can be very difficult to treat because of the fact that the pains usually don’t respond to painkillers. Make sure that you consult your dermatologist if you develop similar symptoms.
- Skin infections. People with mature skin take much longer to heal. Therefore, older adults should ensure that they monitor their skin for infections and cuts on a regular basis. People with diabetes should also ensure that their physicians perform a regular foot check to prevent ulcer from developing. The best way to prevent infections is to cover the wound with a bandage and apply antibiotic treatment. You should immediately consult a dermatologist if the wound begins to look infected.
- Fungal infections. Fungal infections are most common in your groins, nails and feet for people with mature skin. These infections usually lead to skin breaks and itchy skin. The best solution to prevent fungal infections is to clip your toenails on a regular basis and to use protective medicine in areas where you develop fungal infections.
- Dry and Itchy skin. Dry and itchy skin is quite common among people with mature skin, Therefore, one of the first things to do is to avoid taking a bath with hot water. You should bathe in warm water if you simply cannot take a bath in cold water. It is also important to ensure that you don’t spend too much of time in the shower. Using gentle soaps and perfume free cleansers also helps.
Skin Care Treatments for people with Mature Skin
Almost all people with mature skin undergo some sort of medication or the other. Therefore, it always helps to carry your prescriptions when you visit the dermatologist. The skin care treatments for people with mature skin differs from person to person. Some people can get away with simple solutions and treatments while others might have to slog it out to get back to normal. Remember, the more you take care of your skin when you were young, the less you need to take care when you become old.
Essential Skin Care Routines for people with Mature Skin
People with mature skin need to follow a special skin care routine on a regular basis to maintain their skin and give it the essential nutrients to help it combat the signs of aging. Here is a list of some of the most important skin care routines that you must follow on a regular basis.
- Day Care
- Cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser like the Merlot Milk Cleanser included in the Merlot Collection Cleansing Kit.
- Tone your skin using a revitalizing toner that suits your skin type. The Merlot Collection Cleansing Kit also comes with an excellent toner.
- Moisturize your skin with a moisturizer that also offers you with a broad spectrum SPF 30 sun protection. Try the Zinfandel Radiance Cream which has SPF 30.
- Night Care
- Cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser.
- Apply a suitable serum on your face. The rich and hydrating texture of the Resveratrol Cabernet High-Potency Serum is a great option.
- Moisturize your skin with a moisture locking moisturizer that also your skin to retain its moisture content during the night. The Resveratrol Malbec DNA Midnight Cream goes to works for your skin at night.
- Secondary Concerns
- Use eye creams or serums if the area around your eyes begins to look old or wrinkled. The Resveratrol Eye Collection Age Defying Eye Serum contains ingredients like Resveratrol, Green Tea Extract and Vitamin C which pack a multi-level punch including anti-aging, moisturizing and lightening.
- Use revitalizing masks to deal with those enlarged pores and dark spots. Resveratrol Zinfandel Illuminating Mask was created, just as the name suggests, to help you get skin which appears illuminated. This is a great product for anyone with skin discoloration or dark spots.
- Weekly Care
- Apply a skin firming face mask that contains natural ingredients such as Resveratrol or Aloe Vera to allow your skin to recover from the damage caused throughout the week. Resveratrol Malbec DNA Biology Mask address the area around the eyes as well as the face to give you the most benefits in one mask!