Having a decent skin care routine can do wonders for your skin. A proper skin care routine that suits your skin should help you to ensure that your skin remains soft, gentle, younger looking and healthy for years to come. And it doesn’t take too much of time either. All you need is about 20 minutes each day and the right kind of routine. Healthy lifestyle choices can also help you in delaying the aging process and preventing a range of skin care diseases. So, if you don’t have the time for intensive skin care, start off with these no-nonsense skin care basics.
The key of successful cleansing is to remain simple. You need to search for a gentle cleanser that suits your skin and stick to it. There are a number of cleansers that contain natural ingredients and do not hurt your skin. Here are a few tried and tested cleansing tips to set you up.
- Remember not to over cleanse your skin. Over cleansing can end up causing more harm than good. Ideally, cleanse your skin once in the morning and once at night.
- Consider using the water method to cleanse your skin. All you need to do is use some warm water to loosen the pores and then use a bit of cleanser. Rinse with cool or warm water once you’re done massaging the cleanser on your face.
- Always remember to remove your make-up before going to sleep. There are a number of natural makeup removers that you can choose from.
- Don’t forget to exfoliate your skin once or twice a week. Abby from “Twist Me Pretty” offers exciting suggestions for a suitable peel to take care of your exfoliating needs.
Even the best skin care routine is useless if it is not backed by a healthy diet. You need to add plenty of fruits and vegetables into your diet and stay away from junk food as much as possible.
Protecting your skin from sun damage is one of the most important aspects of skin care. You need to use a moisturizer that offers you SPF 30 broad spectrum sun protection every single day of the year. Don’t forget to re-apply the sunscreen after a dip in the pool, rigorous exercise or after every two hours spent outdoors.
- Try to stay out of the sun as much as possible between 10AM – 4PM.
- Always wear protective clothing that cover your skin. Long sleeved shirts, pants, sunglasses and wide brimmed hats can go a long way in protecting your skin from the sun.
According to studies, too much of stress can trigger acne breakouts and also make your skin more sensitive. This hastens the aging process as well. Having a healthy state of mind is essential for healthy skin. Perform about 30 minutes of exercises, aerobics or yoga on a daily basis to refresh your mind and get rid of stress.
You need to ensure that you use a proper moisturizer that suits your skin type on a regular basis. It is also important to have two types of moisturizers at your disposal – one for the mornings and the other one for the evenings. The morning moisturizer should concentrate on offering you with the adequate amount of sun protection and the evening moisturizer should concentrate more on hydrating your skin. If you’re suffering from oily skin, try using products that don’t clog your pores.
Exfoliation is the key to ensuring that you maintain the level of production of collagen in your body. Exfoliation allows you to get rid of dirt, grime and dead skin cells from the outermost layers of your skin, thereby allowing the fresher and newer skin cells to take their place. This not only improves your appearance, but also makes your skin younger and healthier. There are several options available when it comes to exfoliation.
- Facial scrubs– Facial scrubs are among the simplest and easiest ways of exfoliating your skin. There are people who prefer the sugar scrubs over the salt scrubs, but ultimately it’s a matter of preference.
- Microdermabrasion– Although there are self help Microdermabrasion kits available, it is always advisable to leave this to the professionals. You should also consult a dermatologist before you consider Microdermabrasion.
- Chemical peels– Always use gentle chemical peels at home. For the deeper ones, it is best to get professional help and advice. They can best alter the peel to suit your particular circumstances.
- Retinoids– Retinoids are also known to be extremely effective in removing your dead skin cells and boosting the collagen production in your skin.